Thursday, November 02, 2006

Twilight


Isabella Swan (Bella, please) is just your average American teenager. She was living in Phoenix but when her mother remarries and moves to Florida, Bella goes to live in Forks, Washington with her father, Charlie. Bella is absolutely miserable. She soon finds herself embroiled with a family of unbearably beautiful people, The Cullens. There are five Cullens in the school and she becomes quite taken with Edward. After he saves her life but is uninjured himself, Bella begins to wonder about what he could possibly be. After a talk with a member of the Native American tribe of Forks she comes to realize what The Cullens are. Vampires. This is an intriguing twist on the old vampire myth. Meyer's insistance on describing everyone's dialogue is rather tedious but easily ignored. I look forward to seeing what is in store for Bella and the Cullen family next.

2 comments:

  1. Both I and my 14-yr old loved this book and its' followup, New Moon. Just the right blend of romance, suspense and character development. Thanks for posting a review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/02/2006

    I recently read twilight a couple of weeks ago and found it to be an absolute page-turner. I couldn't put it down, and ended up reading extremely late into the night. Last week, I finished the second one, New Moon. I thought it was a bit slow, and the loss of Edwards presence from the main part of the book definetly brought it's intensity down. I am still, however, in love with series, and look forward to reading Eclipse. For now, I am content just surfing blogs such as these. Thanks for posting.

    - Belle

    ReplyDelete